Monday 20 December 2010

Android TranslateAnimation sucks!

I really searched a lot on getting animated object's current location on the screen during the translate animation but I just found an android forum complaint title on it. And an Android officer was saying that It is not available to get this info during the animation and it could be added in the newer versions of android sdk. But this sucks and an important lack if you are developing a game in 2D. Animations are important and there are just 3 event listeners in IAnimationListener which listens 3 events of the animation; Start, End, Repeat. What about the during? I want to gather the info about my object which has being effected. Therefore, there is just 1 way for me, I will develop my own animation class rather to use TranslateAnimation. I will share it from here shortly.

No comments: